The Future is Wild!
Technology and Information Objectives:
Students will draw evidence from informational texts to support research, accurately cite resources, and effectively use digital note cards in Imagine Easy Scholar to organize information.
You will use print sources and internet sources to research the past and present forms of an animal.
We will be using NoodleTools to cite ALL sources and take notes. You will create groups that contain matching characteristics from the past, present and future.
1. Open Template: https://my.noodletools.com/public/170316140224758643744422
2. You will be brought to the NoodleTools login page. Sign in using your Aspen username and your school id (lunch) number for a password. (Note: if your Aspen user name is only three letters, use your first and last name together combined.)
3. Update your profile as prompted with your initials and the last four digits of your phone number, hit Save Profile.
4. The browser will return to the project page; click the Copy button to copy the project to your account.
5. Close the window, and click on the NoodleTools link to access My Projects and refresh the page.
6. Click on My Account and choose My Profile to add your name and your gmail address if you have one.
7. Select the Future is Wild Project. It should open to the Dashboard.
8. In the Sharing area, click "Share with a project inbox" and enter the name provided by your teacher. (Note: The name will auto-complete as you begin to type, and once you see the right one, select it from the list.)
9. The field Your name may be automatically filled in, but if not, enter it here and click Done. On your My Projects screen, the project you shared will have a checkmark in the Shared column. if you do not see the checkmark, reload the Projects screen.
10. Use the Navigation links at the top of the page to cite sources and take notes.
Once you have exhausted the information found in the print sources, use these links to search for additional information on your animal.
Don't forget to cite in Noodletools as you use resources and attach the source to each notecard!
Try searching for your animal by scientific name OR by the family or order when you are researching the past!
Great resources for any present day information you are missing:
Use your Outline to form your paper.
Are you ready to submit? Go to the assignment on Turnitin.
Make sure you include your Works Cited page at the end of your paper (In NoodleTools, choose Print/Export and choose to Word (which generates a .docx file). Open the exported list and copy and paste it at the end of your research paper. It is customary to begin your source list on a new page, not on the last page of your research paper.
At the end of this project, please complete this reflection. Please be honest, and remember we want your opinion on NoodleTools, NOT whether you want to cite your sources or take notes.